Now Accepting 2018 RET Applications – Apply Below!
- Teachers will begin the program with a three-day orientation covering theory and techniques associated with the research they will be conducting during the internship.
- Teachers will be placed in research labs under the guidance of a faculty mentor where they will be expected to work on an independent research project for approximately 30 hours per week for six weeks following the training workshop.
- Teachers will connect their experiences to current learning theory and will develop classroom materials based on the summer research experience that they can use in their classrooms and can be disseminated publicly.
- Teachers will interact with each other through informal meetings at least once a week to allow dialogue between teachers, faculty, and staff with the goal of establishing collaborative and ongoing relationships.
- Weekly educational seminars as well as research discussions will be built into the program schedule.
- Follow-up activities include faculty and graduate student visits to teachers’ schools where they can co-lead an activity or give a presentation to the students.
Teachers stipend: $5600
Supply allowance: $1500
- Stipend: $800/week for seven weeks
- Optional participation for two summers
- Classroom supplies allowance to incorporate science experience into classroom and curriculum: $1500
- Dates of program: June 11 – July 27, 2018
2018 Application Instructions
To apply, you should:
- Be a US citizen, US national or permanent resident
- Submit a completed online application
- Submit an electronic copy of your updated resume to Risa Hartman at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply by clicking on the button below to complete the online application survey.
If you have questions about the application process or the program, please contact Risa Hartman, Pre-college Director at:
rhartman “at” che.utexas.edu, or at (512) 232-7568.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS January 31, 2018