NASCENT Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Program
A program flyer can be found here.
Benefits of the NASCENT REU Program
- Gain hands-on research experience in the cutting edge field of nanotechnology
- Be mentored by a faculty member
- Join a team of researchers and scientists
- Participate in prof. development workshops
- Produce results and present your research
- Prepare for your future!
Potential Research Topics
- Graphene and 2D Materials
- Flexible Nanoelectronics
- $4500 Stipend, housing provided, travel allowance, social activities
Application Requirements (online)
In order to apply you must complete an online application form (item 1 below). You are also required to submit the additional materials using the box upload widget at the bottom of the page.
- Online Application/Student Information Form
- *Statement of Purpose
- *One Letter of Recommendation (from Faculty member)
- *Copy of Academic Transcript
- *Proof of Insurance (before start date)
* – files to upload using widget below
- Sophomore, Junior, or non-graduating Senior
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- GPA of 3.0 or greater (out of 4.0).
- Non-UT Austin, non-NASCENT-affiliated students
The application window for the summer 2018 NASCENT REU Program is Dec. 1st, 2018 thru February 16, 2018. The 2018 NASCENT Summer REU program will run from Monday, June 4, 2018, to Friday, August 3, 2018.
Please return here Dec. 1st to apply.
If you have questions about the application process or the program, please contact Marylene Palard, MER Lab Manager at:
marylene “at” mer.utexas.edu